Volunteer and make a difference in your community today!!
- Early Head Start Volunteer - Organize and plan community and family events, develop and implement strategies to increase volunteerism in the Early Head Start Program, participate in group socializations, collect and analyze data, participate in meetings, trainings, and events, and shadow various early childhood education/prenatal service providers. Days and times are flexible. Commitment to a minimum of 10 consecutive weeks of service is desired. Applicants must be at least 16 years old. Interview, orientation, background check, TB clearance and immunization requirements apply. Depending on the volunteer assignment, driver's license and auto insurance may be required. Language skills in Spanish, Mandarin, and/or Vietnamese is strongly preferred.
Click here for the volunteer position description and for applications in English and Spanish. Please send completed application to Human Resources Manager Stacey Terriquez, email@example.com.
- Help Out as a Tutor, Homework Helper or Children’s Activity Assistant - Consider volunteering at one of our Family Centers in Pasadena, Duarte, West Covina or El Monte. Must be at least 16 years old.
- Join the Friends of Foothill Family - Created in 2000, the Friends of Foothill Family is a volunteer guild of more than 100 amazing women from Pasadena, Altadena, San Marino, La Cañada and surrounding areas who dedicate time and energy to Foothill Family . The group’s annual events include Backpacks for Brighter Futures (which provides low-income families with back-to-school supplies), Making Seasons Brighter (which assists families in need with gift assistance during the holidays), and an annual gala. Check out the facebook page here.
- June & July: Help Kids Start the School Year Right!
Backpacks for Brighter Futures helps prepare children for the school year ahead. Many of our young clients from low income families would return to school without the tools they need to succeed without the support and supplies they receive from the program. Backpacks for Brighter Futures provides hundreds of students with not only the tools they needed but a boost in self-esteem and classroom preparedness. For more information regarding Backpacks for Brighter Futures, please contact Katrina Corbosiero, Director of Development, at (626) 993-3013 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November & December: Support Families in Need During the Holidays
Making Seasons Brighter makes gifts of clothes, toys, and necessities available to local families in need during the holiday season. Local donors — such as individuals, families, scout troops, classrooms, clubs and church groups — who would like to brighten the holiday season for a family experiencing hardship are invited to participate by purchasing items from a wish list that we will have available for clients at pop-up shops at each Foothill Family center in December. The families, who are selected by Foothill Family therapists and case managers as those with the highest need, are then invited to "shop" for their families' holiday wish list. The format of this program aims to empower families to feel involved and invested in the holiday giving season. Selected families range in size from small to large, and come from the San Gabriel and Pomona Valleys, Glendale, Burbank, and surrounding communities. For more information regarding Making Seasons Brighter, please contact Katrina Corbosiero, Director of Development, at (626) 993-3013 or email@example.com.
- Annual Benefit and fundraising events Do you love events? Help us plan our fun community events, including the swanky and sophisticated black-tie benefit! Please contact Katrina Corbosiero, Director of Development, at (626) 993-3013 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have many volunteer opportunities which we can tailor to you or your group. For more information about volunteer opportunities, please contact Stacey Terriquez, Human Resources Manager at (626) 993-3057 or email@example.com.